It's Resistance Recess!
Make YOUR Congressman speak to you!
Today's list is long. PLEASE read all the way through it and make sure all of your friends and allies are aware of these important actions. We are resisting everything from eliminating the ACA, to deporting immigrants, to ripping through the Pinelands this week, and we need everyone involved.
Wednesday Feb. 22
Town Hall Meeting with Congressman Leonard Lance
Wednesday, February 22 7:00pm to 8:30pm
Raritan Valley Community College, Edward Nash Theatre, 118 Lamington Road, Branchburg, NJ 08876
Come early for the Rally outside. If you weren't able to get a ticket to get in, stay outside and have your voice heard anyway.
7 PM Citizen's Townhall for Tom McArthur
- DeMasi School, 199 Evesboro Medford Road, Marlton
6 p.m. Citizen's Townhall for absentee Chris Smith - doesnt live in New Jersey and reportedly hasn't held a Townhall since 1992!
- Monmouth County Library, Manalapan
Thursday Feb. 23
11am: Action at Elizabeth Detention
- Center, 625 Evans St, Elizabeth, NJ a privately run immigration detention center where 300 immigrants are held awating deportation proceedings.
- Call for and end to raids and private detention centers.
- to demand he call for an end to immigration raids.
2:00pm: Rally to Oppose Attacks on the EPA
- 2890 Woodbridge Ave Edison, NJ 08837. Please arrive early to find parking and bring a sign.
4-10pm Teach In Sponsored by Rutgers AAUP-AFT
United Methodist Church
323 George Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
- 4:00pm Sanctuary and the Political Arena (Senator Cory Booker, Invited)
- 5:30pm Immigration Policy and Community Action (Dr. Anastasia Mann, Princeton University (formerly Rutgers Eagleton Institute) and Community Panelists)
- 7:00pm Public Education in the Age of Trump (led by the Mid-Atlantic Education Review and Rutgers Student Panelists)
- 8:30pm Health, Gender and Sexuality (Moderator: Dr. Abena Busia, Chair, Women’s and Gender Studies, Rutgers, New Brunswick)
6pm - 8:00pm Protest Tom McArthur at WOBM.
- McArthur will be interviewed at the Radio Station, Meet at Ocean Cty Library at 6 and walk over to radio station at 6:15.
Donald Payne Town Hall at Maplewood Town Hall, 6:30 p.m.
Friday Feb. 24
8AM - WATER IS LIFE
Stop the pipeline that will rip through the pinelands!
Pinelands commission regular meeting
Saturday, Feb. 25
8:30 A.M. Leonard Lance - 2nd Townhall
- Raritan Valley Community College, Edward Nash Theatre, 118 Lamington Road, Branchburg,
- Rally outside begins at 8:30 a.m. ( If you didn't get a ticket for inside - stay outside and have your voice heard anyway.)
Noon - Demonstrate at Congressman"s LoBiondo's Office, Mays Landing.
11a.m. - 1 p.m. Organizing Project/ Stand Up Speak Out Action Kickoff Meeting
- Ventnor Library, Ventnor City
- Bergen County Court House 10 Main St, Hackensack
Sunday Feb. 26
2 p.m. - 4 p.m. Organizing Project Action Kick Off Meeting
- Middletown Library, Middletown
Monday Feb. 27
Noon - Statehouse Rally to protect the ACA, Statehouse, Trenton
March 3 and 4
9:30 - 4:30 WEC Movement Builders Train the Trainer event - Economics & Racial Justice - a few seats remain:
In addition to these events, please do the following:
- Send a letter to the Editor of your newspaper that speaks Truth to Power and acknowledge the critical role of a Free Press to Democracy.
- Please share this post to your own Facebook page and ask your own friends to join our page. https://www.facebook.com/BlueWaveNJ
Courage! Persist! Resist!