BlueWaveNJ's 2021 Priorities
- Demand the GOP and Trump be held accountable and repair the damage of the last four years
- Lobby to include a minimum wage increase as part of the economic recovery package that just passed the Senate.
- Push for the expansion and protection of our democracy (passage of H.R.1, John Lewis Voting Rights Act, DC Statehood Act)
- Support criminal justice reform (the SAFE Justice Act, decriminalization of cannabis)
- Lobby for green infrastructure spending that includes mass transit
- Advocate for Biden’s 100% clean energy by 2035 plan
- Lobby for comprehensive prescription drug pricing reform
- Push for universal access to affordable health care
- Advocate for permanent paid family and sick leave
- Advocate for a comprehensive immigration reform bill
- Campaign for the Equality Act to ban discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity
- Work for the re-election of Governor Murphy and progressive state candidates
- Advocate for additional support for those most in need during this pandemic
- Push for continued emergency aid for small businesses
- Support long-term anti-poverty measures
- Lobby for a moratorium on new fossil fuel projects and stronger carbon emissions regulations
- Push for community-based justice reform
- Support the introduction of a New Jersey baby bond program
- Pass small “d” democracy and good government reforms including same day registration, early voting, legislative transparency, Open Public Records Act exemption removal, redistricting and ballot reform
- Expand health care access with passage of Cover All Kids legislation and passage of the Reproductive Freedom Act.
Do you like this page?